I take a lot of photos, but I don’t share as many as I should. So I have gone through and added links on the Photos page to albums from each month this year. This doesn’t quite tell the complete story – I tend to take and share photos more often when people are smiling and this year certainly wasn’t all smiles. But it does allow me a chance to look back each month and see what the pictures say about that month.
You’ll see that I have some gaps to fill for 2017-2019 but I’ll keep filling in the holes (and adding captions). One of the (few) joys of the pandemic has been using a photo slideshow app on our living room TV (shout-out to the “Photo Gallery and Screensaver” app). Often we sit around watching memories from the past and it’s been a fun way to tell stories and remember times when we could travel and be out with friends and family. This photo sharing clean-up project is a way to share some of the many, many photos I’ve taken over the years.
Here is a recent one of our living room ready for the holiday season:
Also, I am starting a project to add my old posts from when I first started this blog in 2007. This is something I have wanted to do for a while to consolidate the posts into this site so I have a more complete record. Those of you who receive automatic email notifications may start to receive unexpected notifications about posts from years past, this is just me retroactively adding the posts. Sorry for the spam emails, but hopefully you’ll enjoy the trips down memory lane.
Things that went well today:
- I played pick-up soccer for the second week in a row. It really felt great to be out playing again
- The Thanksgiving break from work really gave me a chance to unwind and relax
- I finished watching “The Queen’s Gambit” and it’s every bit as good as everyone says it is
Things that did not go well:
- Our shower is leaking and we need to get a plumber to replace the valve
- It was pouring rain all day today which didn’t help the mood on a Monday after a holiday weekend
- I finished the last of the pumpkin pie from Thanksgiving; the holiday is officially over
Random happy find from the web:
- The Stone Zoo is holding their annual ZooLights exhibit with illuminated, night-time visits to the zoo. We’ve gone in the past and I think the girls will still enjoy it
Cute puppy photo of the day: